Friday, January 8, 2010

Going Live January 2010

September - December 2009
Ended the year on a high note.
Fellow Artist Trust EDGE artists exhibited a traveling show titled "On the Verge."

In September 14 of us installed at Collective Visions Gallery in Bremerton then in December we moved to University of Washington Tacoma's Iron Gallery.

Press coverage for our show included
Tacoma's News Tribune -
http://tacoma.planetdiscover.com/sp?aff=1100&keywords=knipher&submit.x=15&submit.y=7
chose the link to the Iron Gallery article

T.V. coverage on Seattle channel "The Art Zone"
http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=3350946 drag the bar toward the end to view our coverage.


In December I also culminated my year long residency as curator of Tacoma Art Place. I curated 13 shows with numerous Pacific Northwest artists and, in June, was proud to curate TAP Gallery in Tacoma's Metal Urge extravaganza. I finished my residency with a show of my newest pieces and shared the gallery with an up and coming fused glass artist, Mark Lubich.

Our show was a resounding success, and Mark and I are already planning further artistic collaborations in 2010.

Other shows these last few months include
Tacoma Community College, Tacoma, WA - annual juried show
Belltown Art Walk, Art/Not Terminal Gallery, Seattle, WA
Ellensburg Art Walk, Wineworks, Ellensburg, WA
Frank Tobey Jones, juried senior show, Tacoma, WA
Tacoma's Art At Work, Studio Tour and Art Slam
Pierce College, Pierce Arts, Lakewood, WA

Please click here http://www.daytonk.com/ to view my website.