Thursday, February 24, 2011

2011 and Tacoma Art Museum - Artist Residency

January and February
Tacoma Art Museum - Artist Residency
On January 1 - I began a 4 month photography residency with the Tacoma Art Museum - Mighty Tacoma Exhibit.  This features a number of Northwest photographers in celebration of Tacoma Art Museum's 75 years in the city of Tacoma. TAM is one of the oldest museums in the state of Washington. I am honored to be the in-residence photographer snapping portraits of folks who come to see the exhibit.
I am especially thrilled that I know most of these photographers and have participated in a number of events with several of them.  Fellow photographer Steve Russell,  had his image chosen to be the signature photo for all publicity as well as a huge banner hanging on the south wall of the building announcing the exhibit.  I am especially tickled that - when he snapped his photo - he told me it reminded him of my art.
www.steverussellphotos.com/

Also in January, I continued as the official photograher for Classical Tuesdays and, in February, took photos for Alexandra Picard performing with the Northwest Symphony Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment